Accepting the Award
- The Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs must accept the grant or contract award on behalf of the University before any project activities can begin.
- Award notification is normally sent to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) but may be sent directly to the Principal Investigator (PI). If the notice is sent to the PI, the PI must notify ORSP.
- On receipt of award notification, ORSP will review the award documents, negotiate any terms of the award, and obtain the appropriate signatures as necessary to formally accept the award.
- ORSP will notify the PI when the award has been accepted and will arrange a meeting.
- The PI should notify his/her Dean, Director, Chair or other appropriate supervisor regarding the success of an application.