Individual Requests for Research or Travel Support


The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs may have limited funds available to support individual faculty requests for research equipment, supplies, or travel. Faculty must first seek funding support through their department/school and college.

Faculty who had a proposal declined for funding are especially encouraged to request travel support to meet personally with the program officer to discuss ways to improve their proposal. Faculty are encouraged to request support to attend grant proposal workshops given by federal and state funding agencies. Faculty conducting field research or seeking to establish collaborative partnerships with established researchers may also request travel support.

Note that individual requests for travel support through the ORSP follow the same approval and reimbursement procedure as grant-funded travel. All University travel documents, with necessary approvals, must be submitted along with requests for travel support. Travel expenditures must comply with the policies and procedures set forth in the Kean University Travel Manual. See Section 2 of the Grants & Contracts Resource Guide and Policy Manual 

Research Support Request

Travel Support Request